How You Can Help
Rescue takes many hands and Springer Spaniel Rescue is always in need of volunteers to help. If you are able to help in any of the following areas, please contact us today:
• Transport (long distance)
• Transport (short distance, including trips from a shelter to a vet)
• Foster a Springer in your home
• Post on social media (Facebook and Instagram)
• Work at gift wrapping event in Las Vegas (December)
• Work at an event
• Be a dog wrangler
• Watch various web sites for dogs that need help
• Write ads for dogs for Petfinder and other web sites
• Write articles for the blog and social media sites
• Coordinate events
We need more transporters across states and state lines between CA, AZ, NV, NM, TX, OK, CO, WY, and NE. At this time, we only transport across TX. Transporting a dog involves putting the dog in a crate or tying the dog to a seat belt riding shotgun and driving for either a short or long distance. Often times, multiple individuals are involved in transporting a Springer.
Foster homes are needed for sometimes a short period of time up to a few weeks or more until the Springer is adopted. We try to place Springers in the right foster home. There are times when the foster family falls in love with the dog they are fostering and decide to adopt the dog. Springer Spaniel Rescue pays for medical costs and asks the foster family to pay for the food. We appreciate fosters who also want to pay for medical costs; this if often considered a donation to the rescue.
Fundraising comes in many forms from thinking of ideas and then executing them to working events. Our events are both “live” events and online. Springer Spaniel Rescue is able to operate because of the funds raised by our volunteers. We are always in need of additional volunteers to help raise funds.
Springer Spaniel Rescue often participates in events; we are in need of volunteers to work at these events including the setup of tables, tents, and, materials.
One of our most successful fund raisers take place at Bass Pro Shops in Las Vegas each December. Our volunteers wrap gifts at a table set up inside of the store. In addition to volunteers to help at this event, which runs around 12 days, we would welcome the opportunity to operate this event in other states too. Please contact us and learn how to get started.
We need volunteers to watch various web sites for Springer Spaniels in shelters or owners needing to let their dogs go.
Other opportunities to volunteer for Springer Spaniel Rescue:
• Visit dogs in doggie daycare centers to entertain the dog
• Train dogs in our care when needed
• Walk dogs for foster families and take them on a hike or a walk in the park; foster families are often busy and welcome help in this area
• Visit dogs at the vet offices and comfort them
• Transport dogs to vet offices
• Transport dogs to SSRI events or places to showcase a dog or two
• Go on home visits to evaluate a potential home
• Interview potential adopters by phone
• Promote SSRI to people who might want a Springer or would be willing to foster a dog; tell people about Springer Spaniel Rescue, Inc. to help find more volunteers and friends
We are always looking for adopters, donors, and people to have fun with us!